Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

The rain started coming down just a little after 8pm. It's about 10:30 now. I'm going to head out and drive to a couple of the areas that are of concern, just to see how things are holding up, maybe talk to some of the City people monitoring things to see what I can learn. Not sure how far the police will let me go, though I haven't received notice of any closed streets or anything. Just checked the city's emergency blog http://sierramadrepio.blogspot.com/ and there's nothing new since they posted the yellow flag alert around 9:30 this am. The actual City website (not the blog) has a new look, with the yellow flag prominently posted, and three new links just underneath it, one to the blog, one to weather info, and one to mud safety info, which until now they had been calling Emergency and Public Safety Info. Like the new name better, it is more to the point. I do not have access to Channel 3, we have DirecTV. However, I do know that based on lessons learned from the fire, the City now has citizen volunteers to contact to update Channel 3 since City staff will most likely be too busy to do so.

When I get back, I'll post an update here and at www.SierraMudre.Info. Please feel free to post updates, but only if they are accurate. Wrong information has the potential to be extremely harmful. A word of warning: If something is posted on this site by someone other than me, it has not necessarily been verified. Anything that I observe myself, and/or have verified with people either from the City or who I know are reliable sources, I will post at SierraMudre.Info and/or http://www.sierramadrenews.net/. I'll post it here, too, but this site will be the second or third place I post things.

No comments:

Post a Comment